Sometimes people ask me what my setup looks like for remote work. I decided to try to keep a list of the hardware I’m currently using. Hope you’ll find this useful, somehow.
How it looks like#
I use the MacBook on clamshell mode (closed) because I don’t like to manage multiple screens and my screen is already big enough. 😌
Its a MacBook Pro 15”, from 2017.
It has a 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB of memory and a 2 TB SSD disk.
It is more than enough for a couple of years I think, although I want a mac with a M1 chip now. 😂
Keyboard / Mouse#
Dell U2718Q, 27”, 4K, IPS - its awesome. 🤩
Currently, I’m using a Bose QC35 II.
It has Active NC and all that. It’s pretty good to listen music and work without hearing my wife calling me (don’t @ me) or someone knocking.
Before that, I had the AirPods 1st generation, but I accidentally washed them - and now they’re dead.
- Generic Headphone stand
- Generic Laptop stand
- Corsair gaming mouse pad, similar to this one
- Cable Matters USB-C → DisplayPort cable (see this post about why)
- Webcam Logitech C270 (I use the mac in clamshell mode)
- LG 23PM55, 23”, IPS, retired in favor of the Dell U2718Q;
- Magic Keyboard 2 retired in favor of the Logitech MX Keys;
- Magic Trackpad 2 retired in favor of the Logitech MX Master 3;
- 2020-01-29: First edition
- 2020-02-05: Updated display
- 2020-09-22: Updated mouse and Keyboard
- 2020-12-07: Updated setup photo