I’ve been working on GoReleaser for more than a year now, and one of the things that was bothering me the most was fpm.
This past weekend I decided I need to clean up my GitHub profile. In this post I’ll write about why I cleaned everything up and also how I did, as well as some initial results.
I always wanted to know how stargazers of my repos increased over time.
I’ve been working with DigitalOcean, Heroku and AWS for some years now. Recently, I decided to give GCE (Google Compute Engine), and, more specifically, GKE (Google Container Engine) a try. In this post I intend to show a few things I learned and/or struggled with.
I’ve been using Jekyll on my blog since 2012. It is great! But, lately, its slow build times started to bother me.
We are running Kubernetes on both sandbox and production for some months now. Our production cluster is still small, with few services running on it, but, most of our sandbox environment is running on a Kubernetes cluster on AWS.
Last few months I’ve been using Go to write quite a lot of tools. In this post I intent to show not why I chose Go over others, but how I architect those tools, what libraries I use and what kind of automation I have in place.
Microservices is the new fancy way of doing applications. Yet, most companies still have big and old monoliths in production. In fast evolving software of this size, it’s usual to have lines of code which are never executed in production. Production code coverage reports can help us find those lines.
At ContaAzul, we use the CI infrastructure a lot. We open several pull requests in several projects every day, and we block the merge until the build pass. We consider our master branches are sacred, and we can’t afford too much waiting to change them.
At ContaAzul, we have several old pieces of code that are still running in production. We are committed to gradually re-implement them in better ways.